Sunday, December 28, 2008

When I was a Greyhound Foster-Sister

I wanted everybody to see my foster-sisters Aja and Laverne. Laverne was my first foster-sister. At first, I thought she was just my new play-thing. But pretty soon I realized that Laverne didn't even KNOW HOW to play!! Good thing she had an expert for a foster- sister. I had to hold her paw while she discovered things like TVs, dishwashers, and toilets.
Laverne was a really fast learner - she was very young and had never had to live the life of a race dog. She soon discovered that furniture was heavenly.
People on the couch made it even more of a challenging game. If you look carefully at the photo below, you can see the bottom and feet of a person who tried to get comfortable on Laverne's couch.

When she first met her Forever Family, the first thing she did was test out ALL the furniture in their beautifully furnished home. She found it to be suitable and lives there happily ever after. My mom still has some scratch marks from Laverne on her (at the time) new leather couch. Laverne would try to make the couch EXTRA comfy by "fluffing it up. " We think of Laverne whenever we see them.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: